Dress Up British Asparagus With The Queen Of Nuts
Asparagus with Creamy Macadamia Dip
This recipe makes the most of the British Asparagus season and
is perfect as a healthy side dish for any spring supper.
To make it a perfect meal for one just add a poached egg.
• 1 bunch of British Asparagus, washed and trimmed
• 25g macadamia nuts, halved
• Olive oil and seasoning to finish
For the dip:
• 1 ripe avocado
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 150ml cup sour cream
• 1 tablespoon chopped chives
• 25g macadamia nuts, chopped and roasted
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Begin by making the dip. Place avocado flesh, lemon juice and sour cream in a blender and process until smooth (you could also mash with fork).
2. Mix avocado with chives and nuts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
3. Place the asparagus in a pan of boiling water and cook for no more than 2 minutes. Then drain and run under cold water for a minute to stop them from over cooking.
4. To serve place half of the asparagus on each plate and dollop over the macadamia dip. Finish with a scattering of macadamia halves and a drizzle of olive oil.